Why We Close
For the safety of our patrons, we have established rules for closing parts of or the entire waterpark.
- If air temp. is less than 70° at 10am, Raging Rivers will not open at 12pm
- If the forecasted highs are not expected to get out of the 60’s the park may not open for the day
- If there is any type of official weather warning (ex. Thunderstorm, Tornado, etc.), all guests will be required to leave the water and follow safety directions of RRWP Staff
- If there is lightning/thunder in the immediate vicinity, all guests will be required to leave the water and follow safety directions of RRWP Staff. Guests will be allowed back in the park if there has been no lightning and thunder strike for a period of 30 minutes. If the wait reaches one hour, we will close.
- Lightning is monitored, real-time through a device called the iStrike (http://www.istrikealert.com/). The device sounds an alert when the monitoring company recognizes a lightning threat in our area. The alert requires patrons to exit the pools and move inside for further direction from staff. Guests may be sent home depending on the forecast. Guests will be allowed back in the park if the forecast looks clear and there has been no lightning and thunder strike for a period of 30 minutes.
- If winds come up during the day and gusts exceed 25 mph, slide towers will close until winds subside for a period of 30 minutes. Wind can cause bodily harm on the slide towers, especially when carrying a tube.
- If high wind advisories are issued, the park manager may choose to not open at all, regardless of air temp.
- If less than 50 guests at the park, Raging Rivers may close
- If Raging Rivers must be closed early in the day because of weather conditions, we will make every attempt to open the waterpark at 4:00pm that day.
- $10.00 Twilite Admission Rate if we re-open at 4pm
We make every attempt to be as fair as possible when it comes to closing early. Please contact the park manager at 701-663-3118 if you have questions regarding your visit.